Nothing Special, Really

Friday, January 19, 2007

All In A Week's Work

Two fucking comments? All I've got is two fucking comments so far, one from someone I don't even know?

Oh wait, I haven't even told everyone about this yet. Still though. What rule says that you have to be my girlfriend to leave a comment? I know you fuckers are reading this (please be reading this, I need the attention).

Well, although I can only have one girlfriend, you all can still be my bitches.

_________________________________________________________________

We've finally moved into our apartment, although everything isn't completely unpacked. But we have internet and cable and beer in the fridge and TP in the bathroom, so I'd say we're pretty much set.

I think everyone's happy with the move, including the cats. The big kitty was starting to get a peepee problem at the last apartment. It seemed, unbeknownst to us, that the entire place was his litter box, although he mostly fixated on the girlfriend's pile of clothes. But the new place has been a welcome change for him apparently. It even looks like he might be smiling every now and then. And all his peepee goes in the litter box....so far.

Every once in a while we'll let them out into the hallway to explore. They really enjoy it. The little one rubs up against the walls because he's a little whore. The big kitty treads lightly then runs back inside when he hears anything louder than a pindrop. They're such cute bastards.

Even though I'm only a block away from the bus stop, I've been driving to work lately. It's been a messed up schedule for me this week - My waking times have been 7am, 6:45am, 6am, 8am (messed up the alarm) and 6:30am, respectively. I haven't been able to get on a good schedule for the buses yet. And I'm lazy to boot.

On Tuesday, I had to walk to work in snow! Did you hear me, SNOW people, I'm talking SNOW! It wasn't too bad, actually. I made the walk because I couldn't figure out where the bus rerouted too and I figured I'd be better off walking in the snow rather than standing in it. I'm proud to say I didn't slip once. And I'll be able to tell someone's grandkids (not mine, someone else's) that I had to walk to work uphill in snow when I was their age.

We watched True Romance last night. That movie doesn't do well with age. I remembered I liked it when I first saw it, then it went to "It's OK status", but then after last night it's now in "not sure when I'd watch that again" status. Maybe it has something to do with having all the best actors in the movie in supporting roles and instead having to sit through two hours of Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette. I'd rather bludgeon myself with my Starbucks coffee mug (it was a White Elephant gift) than watch each one individually for two hours, let alone together. Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper, and Brad Pitt almost make that movie redeeming. It's not a bad movie, just not really a good one anymore.

I'm at my desk at work, and everyonce in a while it smells like dog shit. I can't figure out why.

Last thing: so our new apartment is a 1 bedroom, a big change from our 2+ den monstrosity of an apartment we were in before. So, we've obviously had to downsize and condense, and that meant taking some stuff to the dump.

Now, if any of you have been to the dump in AZ, it's basically just a big landfill and you set your stuff somewhere and then drive off. Not in Seattle though. Like pretty much everything else up here, it's much cooler than that.

You get to drive into this big warehouse where they've got different sections for recyclable stuff, like motor oil, glass, tires, metal, etc. But for all the garbage, they have this huge pit, about 60 feet down at least, that you just throw your shit into. And there's this bulldozer down there that takes it all and pushes it into the compactor.

So what does this mean?

It means that, until you've thrown an entertainment center into a 60 foot pit and watched it explode on impact, until you've thrown a huge glass cutting board and watch it shatter into about 10,000 parts, until you've thrown a wooden beam like a javelin into a pit of garbage and watch it tumble end over end, you haven't really lived yet.

Trust me on that.

4 Comments:

  • I'm convinced that you've seen more snowfall than I have. And that's bullshit, El Nino be damned. And the whole "walked uphill" thing doesn't work unless you can say you've done it both ways. Granted my grandmother was senile when she told me that, but I've heard it none the less.
    And the next time you head to the dump, bring along some fluorescent tube lights. Those are by far the greatest thing to throw.

    By Blogger Carmen, At January 23, 2007 at 10:39 AM  

  • And doesn't Seattle have those crazy gas release spots in parks and shit; where you're driving by a seemingly beautiful park with kids playing and laughter abound and all of a sudden a pipe is sticking out of the ground with blue/green cloudy gasses escaping from the pile of trash underneathe the city??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 24, 2007 at 7:20 AM  

  • Oh, I forgot to ask...

    Do you take requests? If so, may I be so bold to request a blog about traffic (specifically: "slower traffic to the right" and how ignoring this simple rule only increases the incidence of road rage)? Forever ago you wrote one on myspace, but I need a refresher. I have my own rants while driving, but no one puts it better than you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 24, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

  • I couldn't disagree with you more about True Romance. A classic movie; it has always been a classic movie and will remain a classic movie until the end of time, maybe longer. Thousands of years from now archaeologists will stumble on a DVD of this movie, watch it, and change their whole society to make it exactly like True Romance. You know, like that planet of Chicago-style 20's gangsters in that original Star Trek episode, "A Piece of the Action".

    By Blogger Unknown, At January 24, 2007 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home