Nothing Special, Really

Monday, February 25, 2008

I Might Be Wrong

No Radiohead at Sasquatch this year. You have to at least admit, I was logical about it, I wasn't just some deranged lunatic hoping & praying that Radiohead would magically appear - you can see why I would think they would appear. Anyways, the initial lineup is available, and so far it looks pretty promising. I was already sold based on the combination of how much fun I had last year + the announcement of The Cure many months back, but everything else is just gravy. There will be more additions later for sure (I heard a Mars Volta possibility), but you can check out who's on tap right now here.

As far as the headliners:

The Cure - one of the best performances I've seen was The Cure back on the Wild Mood Swings tour, and that was even back when I hated them. I'm not even nearly one of their biggest fans but I'll never pass up a chance to see them.

R.E.M. - one of those headliners that I'm pretty apathetic about. I've never been a huge fan, but I like a lot of their stuff.

The Flaming Lips - I've still never become a big Flaming Lips fan, and I missed out on their performance at Coachella 2004. If I don't become a fan after this experience, I probably never will.

Other Bands I'm Excited To See: Modest Mouse, Death Cab, The Breeders, The National, Ghostland Observatory, Kinski, plus a bunch of other bands I've heard "of" but don't really know.

Looks like Radiohead will have to wait until August (birthday present perhaps? Hmmmmmmm?) but Sasquatch again looks more appealing than Coachella.

1 Comments:

  • I'm switching gears back in to Patton Fangurl mode and may end up at this festival this year. But seeing as every time I venture into The Evergreen State, everything goes to shit on me; this is "definitely maybe" in my book.

    By Blogger Carmen, At February 25, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home