Nothing Special, Really

Thursday, June 12, 2008

2:21am

I can't sleep.

Unemployment has put me into a crazy sleep cycle now. Stay up until 3 or 3:30 in the morning, wake up at 11am or Noon. The lifestyle of a true bum. I'm trying to break it; every morning, I set my alarm for 9:30am, and I even set my phone out in the kitchen so I physically have to get up and walk out of the bedroom to turn it off. But I'm too lazy for my own good, and with no real obligations in my life, I just walk back to bed and sleep some more.

At least I've been somewhat productive in my spare time. Yes, I consider playing online poker to be productive. Everyone has their own hobby. I've been trying to keep the apartment somewhat clean too. I ran a mile and a half on Monday. And you're seeing blog posts from me a lot more frequently, right?

The job search is still fruitless. In all honesty, the best opportunity that's out there is probably going back to where I came from. I think the job I passed on is still available, and there's also an HR Manager opportunity I could maybe work my way into, but I don't know if I want to make that commute. It would be a good experience & help me build skills that, based on responses to my resume, I'm obviously lacking, but I don't know if is worth it to deal with the kind of problems I'd encounter. I'm friends with the HR Manager at the downtown Seattle store, and it's pretty much a HR nightmare to work in, especially considering it's a multi-union environment. But I'm not ready to go back. Not yet.

I should probably take a break from poker, maybe watch some TV or something. I've got a sore throat & I've been drinking Coke Zero because it feels better. Seriously, for a diabetic, Coke Zero is the shit. I can't believe I drank Diet Coke for so long; Coke Zero tastes much better. Anyways, thanks to a Noon wake up today and all the caffeine I've just had, I'll probably be up for a while.

Maybe I'll stay up to say hi to Wac before she goes on her run in the morning. It's not even two hours away. This could be a good system. I stay up, make sure she gets her shit together in time for work, then I go to sleep.

God I'm such a bum.

1 Comments:

  • She says its cold outside and she hands me my raincoat
    Shes always worried about things like that
    She says its all gonna end and it might as well be my fault
    And she only sleeps when its raining
    And she screams and her voice is straining
    (chorus)
    She says baby
    Its 3am I must be lonely
    When she says baby
    Well I cant help but be scared of it all sometimes
    Says the rains gonna wash away I believe it

    Shes got a little bit of something, God its better than nothing
    And in her color portrait world she believes that shes got it all
    She swears the moon dont hang quite as high as it used to
    And she only sleep when its raining
    And she screams and her is straining
    (chorus)
    She believes that life is made up of all that youre used to
    And the clock on the wall has been stuck at three for days, and days
    She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway
    But outside its stopped raining
    (chorus)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 24, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home