Nothing Special, Really

Monday, September 29, 2008

So And So Had A Baby

Last night, while Wac & I were walking to go see My Morning Jacket, I called my brother to wish him happy birthday. When I told him what I was doing, he asked who I was going to see. Knowing that he's probably never heard of My Morning Jacket, I tried to explain how they sounded to someone who's never heard them. I'm naturally HORRIBLE at trying to describe a band's sound, and pressed for something to say, I though of the song below (which actually starts about 3 minutes into the song) and for some reason came up with "southern modern rock" although in retrospect, I should have thrown in "blues-y" too:



Had I been a bit quicker with the wit, I would have remembered to rely on my standard way of describing a band: as being the love child of two other bands. In this case, imagine if Prince had a baby with Lynyrd Skynyrd (and maybe abandoned it for Neil Young to raise):



Oh, by the way...if anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas this year, take note: I now want a velvety cape:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home