Nothing Special, Really

Monday, June 11, 2007

Gone Fishin'

I'm suffering from a case of Writer's Block. I can't think of anything to blog about lately. What makes this depressing is that most of what I write about correlates to something going on in my life.

Sure, things have been happening. I went to the dentist on Thursday, went to see Hot Fuzz on Friday, went to a graduation party on Saturday, and had some people over for poker on Sunday. But none of that seems interesting enough to blog about.

Last year was full of ups & downs. I got a girlfriend, a new apartment, a new cat, left the state on numerous occasions, got promoted, experienced my first full year in Seattle, etc. But I had some lows like the aftermath of the DUI, losing our kickass apartment, and making foolish financial decisions.

This year, it seems like everything has leveled off. Nothing has really gotten better, but nothing has really gotten worse. My relationship, as great as it is, hasn't really shown any progress in the past couple of months. Our new apartment in many ways is better than the old one, but it's smaller and not as cool. The kitten is now a cat, although he still acts like a kitten. I'm still in the same job, and while the pay is better, the discontent is still pretty much the same. There's been some adventure - things like our vacation, our trip to the Sasquatch Festival, and discovering that I probably have diabetes. But overall, there hasn't been much excitement going on, and therefore, not much to write about.

I created this blog because I enjoy writing, but I don't enjoy writing when I have nothing to say. I need to find something to light that creative fire within me again. I don't want this blog to become a series of recaps of what I did this weekend with my girlfriend, or my thoughts on the Suns. I don't mind if that's the topic from time to time, but I want something more out of this blog. Right now, I just don't know what that is or how to do it.

So I'm putting the blog on hiatus for a while. I may come back, I may not. I don't think it'll be missed by much. I know that there's a couple of you still reading, but I haven't gained the audience that I expected when I moved my blog from Myspace to Blogspot. I'm just not happy with anything that I post anymore, and if I'm going to continue this, I want it to be worthwhile. Right now, it's not. Maybe I'll find something tomorrow that changes everying, maybe I'll figure it out. But right now, today, I'm just not happy with the direction this is going, so until I find a new direction, it's time to put this on pause.

Take care everyone, and thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

  • I guess this means I'll have to start actually communicating to find out how you're doing. Step 1... send Matt an email.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 12, 2007 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home