Nothing Special, Really

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Livin Like Ice Cube

Today was a good day.

Good days are hard to come by lately. Each day I'm unemployed becomes more stressful than the last. I had a job interview yesterday for a position I was really excited about. I'm less experienced than needed in certain areas, but I felt confident that I would wow her in the interview. Instead, the interview seemed to focus on the areas I lacked experience, and I walked out of the place feeling anything but positive.

Also, yesterday, we discovered that our cats may be getting fleas again, so that's always fun. But this is about today, because today was a good day.

My day didn't start until noon. I slept in again. I've been pretty good about getting up earlier than that, but I had a 6:30 wakeup yesterday and a 2:30am bedtime, so I needed to catch up. It felt good to sleep in that much.

I had to take care of my soon-to-be expired tags. Unfortunately, I had some parking tickets to pay for as well, almost $250 worth. When I got to the court to pay, I found out that half of that was from a red light ticket from two years ago that I already paid, cutting my bill almost in half. Sweetness.

I then go to pay my tags, and those cost me almost $15 less than expected too. Double bonus. Feeling pretty good about the day, I stopped by Wendy's for lunch. JBCs always make any day good.

First negative of the day: the Safeway across the street didn't have the flea repellant I was looking for, but that couldn't damper my day. Immediately afterward, I stopped by Blockbuster to get another disc of Dexter (awesome show) and the new Guitar Hero game. The clerk was unable to scan the game, but recognizing me as a regular customer, he rented it to me for free!

All I need to see now is the Goodyear Blimp declaring how much of a pimp I am.

Anyways, that's what constitutes a good day for me these days. Most days, I sit around depressed, desperately looking for any job at this point. I'm resigned to the fact that I may have to take some $13\hr customer service job in a couple weeks. I'm afraid to drive my car anymore because I need a new radiator, and it looks like the liquid leak plugger stuff isn't working very well anymore. I'm back to using my credit cards to get by, undoing much of what I had paid down from my severance package. Aside from my wonderful girlfriend, life is pretty shitty these days, so I'll take whatever good day I can get.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home